Highlights of NSave as implemented at UNL:
- The service is available 24X7 allowing you to backup or restore whenever you need to.
- Offsite storage - if your building is damaged by a fire, flood, or other significant event, your critical data files are still protected.
- No external devices, tapes, etc. are needed, all you need is the software and a network connection.
- The software supports a wide variety of operating systems, Windows, Unix, Macintosh, etc.
- The software can be customized to how many versions of a file you want and how long to retain that file and its version.
- Scheduled Backups - you can leave your computer on and the scheduler running and the backup will complete automatically according to the schedule set on the server.
- There is a way to archive files you want to store for long periods of time.
NSave supports a variety of operating systems.
- Windows Server
- Sun Solaris
- True 64 UNIX
To use NSave the server must have a minimum 128Mb RAM and a Network connection.